Monday, August 6, 2007

It’s like breaking up with your Boyfriend…

That’s what it feels like when a Wedding or Party is over. It’s hard to explain if you aren’t in this industry…

I am sure my fellow members of the Hospitality industry feel the same way. You meet a couple, fresh off the high of an amazing engagement and immediately you make a connection.

They come to you unsure of what the next few months of planning will hold. They ask your advice, they invite you into there family and for what….One of the most memorable days of there life.

I once heard someone say that there are only 3 days in your life when you can have a day all about you. When you’re Born, when you Die, and when you get Married. That’s a lot of pressure for Doctor’s, Funeral Directors, and Wedding Planners!

I still remember the first wedding I did by myself at Berry Creek. I spent weeks and weeks going over every detail to the T. The best part was that even if I had burned the building down, the families still would have smiled and said, “Rachel, This is awesome!”
They were so amazing to work with and I thank the Meredith and Hey families for being so amazing. It was at this very moment that I vowed not to let my couples become just another file folder.

So what can I say, I get attached to you guys. I look at theknot.com to see if you have registered, I look at the paper to see if the announcement is out, and I talk about you to my own family and friends.

So the moral is, if you talk to me and I get excited about your wedding, it means I truly am and I can’t wait to see it all come together. Although once the night is over, all I have left is a pile of dirty tablecloths and the memory of the happy couple.

2 comments:

mamarue said...

i have loved working with you on our social events and you do put 100+ into it keep up the great work and i look forward to another fun filled event

Berry Creek Country Club said...

YATB