Thursday, August 23, 2007

I might be on my Soap Box, but Listen up!

You know there are some wedding that you go to and you think to yourself, now that was a great wedding. Jennifer and Rocky have been friends of mine for what seems like years. Rocky and I went to grade school together and Jennifer and I worked at Chili’s together back when I was in college.

The great thing about this couple was they looked forward to being married, not just the wedding. To them it wasn’t about the party, the food or the gifts, it was about the joining together of two people for the rest of there life. I won’t go into to much of this story, but Jenn and Rocky found one another when they were young, around the 16-17 age, and found one another again almost 5 years later.

The moral is, I talk a lot about throwing a good party and making your guests feel welcome, but in the end, make it all about the marriage. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Wedding Day planning as you can see, but make sure you are still making time for one another. A marriage is all about working together and being the best couple you can be. So take a break every once in a while and put away all the Wedding planning. Take time to make sure you are ready for marriage and not just a wedding; I promise you it will be worth it in the end.







Jenn and Rocky….I love you guys! Thanks for letting me be a part of your wedding! I have to also thank Stephanie from Studio 220 in Lufkin, www.studio220photo.blogspot.com She takes some amazing pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SURE DO LOVE MY RACHEL.. AND WHO ARE THOSE GOOD LOOKING PEOPLE IN THOSE PICTURES?

Stacy Cross said...

lovely entry - and totally true. :) beautiful pics, too!