Friday, August 3, 2007

So I had to pick up my cousin from the airport the other night at 11:30 PM. I can tell you it wasn't my finest moment.



If you have ever been to the Austin airport you know it isn't that big...they only have 6 baggage claim areas. I freaked out twice that night in a span of 30 minutes.

1) I couldn’t find the baggage claim area and since his luggage just happened to be the last out of the shoot, I kept doubting I was in the right place although the monitor said I was.
2) I tried to exit the parking lot and the automated teller wouldn’t let me out of the gate. Needless to say after one HUGE freak-out we figured out I had just paid incorrectly. I am sure my cousin could have survived the night without me having a small meltdown.

So you are probably saying, “Rachel what does this have to do with me?” Well it’s easy. If you have guests traveling from out of town, remember one thing. You want to make there travel as easy as possible.

I don’t mean you have to fly them in on a private jet, but be aware that they might not know anything about Austin or the surrounding areas. Send them a map or hotel information before the wedding. I strongly suggest having your guests stay in the same hotel. This will help both you and them when it comes time to getting everyone to the same place at the same time.

Don’t be scared to give them small packets of information when they check into hotels. You don’t have to give them giant gift baskets of goodies, although you can, but you should give them recommendations on happening night life and restaurants, especially if you know they will be coming into town early.

So the moral of the story is this, make it simple for people like me. Sometimes we can’t help the way we are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple is GOOD!
What a great idea for out-of-town guest, just in case they have time to see the town before and after the wedding.

Berry Creek Country Club said...

YATB